Whether you’re planning to attend New York Comic-Con or just want to stay abreast of licensing news, we’ve got you covered! We’ve compiled a master list of panels and exhibitors for those of you who are NYC-bound. Not headed to the Big Apple? We’ll be filing periodic updates throughout the show to let you know what new titles, products, and initiatives your favorite publishers have announced.
Here’s a quick look at the publisher’s panels:
- Thursday @ 3:00 PM: Viz Media (1A14)
- Thursday @ 6:00 PM: The Future of Shonen Jump (1A10)
- Friday @ 11:00 AM: Crunchyroll Industry Panel (1A21)
- Friday @ 1:15 PM. Yen Press (1A14)
- Friday @ 5:00 PM: Takeshi Obata (1A10)
- Saturday @ 5:15 PM: Vertical, Inc. (1A14)
- Sunday @ 2:00 PM: Kodansha Comics (1A18)
- Sunday @ 3:00 PM: Crunchyroll Manga (1A18)
Here’s a list of the major manga publishers who will be exhibiting at the show:
- Dark Horse Comics (1636)
- GEN Manga Entertainment (2058)
- Hachette Book Group USA (2218)
- Kodansha US Publishing (2109)
- One Peace Books (1060)
- Vertical, Inc. (2020)
- VIZ Media (1944)
And here are some helpful links to help you plan your visit:
Sean Gaffney shares his top picks for most interesting panels.
VIZ Media has posted a complete schedule of events on its website. Highlights include a Sailor Moon anime panel and a special appearance by Death Note artist Takeshi Obata. Bring your dog-eared copy of Hikaru no Go: Obata will be at the VIZ booth on Thursday, October 9th from 7:30 to 8:30 pm for a manga signing.
Wondering what kind of goodies you’ll find at publishers’ booths? Many are offering sneak peeks on social media. Vertical, Inc., for example, will have advance copies of new series Witch Craft Works, while Kodansha will have the much-anticipated volume 14 of Attack on Titan.