We’re snowed in again (sigh) but I was prepared at least, and brought work home with me yesterday. After a long morning of work, I thought I’d take a break. Probably I should have worked on the review I have due this week, but instead, I finally picked up volume 5 of Yotsuba&!, which I’d been holding off on since it’s the last one until forever (or something like that).
I swear, there is nothing that can make a person happier than a volume of Yotsuba&! There is truly nothing more delightful in this world.
And so I present a List of Awesomeness in Yotusba&! Volume 5:
1. Yotsuba’s “commute.”
2. Cardbo. CARDBO. Though really, the best part of this is the argument between Miura and Ena about whether or not Miura can take the robot costume off in Yotsuba’s presence.
3. Yotsuba’s head-butt into her dad when he brings the grapes. Go Yotsuba!
4. Yotsuba’s interrogation of Yanda at the front gate. Hee. But he’s tricksy!
5. “Yanda wouldn’t give me ramen! He took my candy! He took my ice cream! He’s gonna pay!”
6. Oh, and then when she blames Yanda (who is not even there) for her landing in the trash can.
7. Miura’s reaction to Jumbo’s trip to Hawaii. I love it when Jumbo gets what’s coming to him.
8. Yotsuba’s dad on the moon! :D
9. Yotsuba in the video store! :D :D
10. “What kind of penguin is cute?”
11. “Last time dad got a movie, he said it was damn boring!” Poor video store girl! Poor Yotsuba’s dad!
12 THE RAINCOAT OMG.
13. Oh! Yotsuba asking everyone on the street if they’ve ever eaten taiyaki. I DIE.
14. The teruteru bozu haaaaaaaaaaaa.
15. Yotsuba running for the train! Yotsuba on the train!
16. Everyone running to the beach! This is a good time to mention that Yotsuba’s dad is just generally awesome.
17. The hermit crab! The jellyfish! Oh the terror of it all!
18. The ball on top of the sandcastle! She finally did it!
19. Everyone sleepy on the train. Awwwwwwww.
20. ENJOY EVERYTHING. That’s really what improved my day. Those two words at the end of the book. “Enjoy everything.”
I shall now attempt to keep those words in mind as I head out once again to shovel snow. *sigh*