Today marks the first in a week-long celebration of mangaka Fumi Yoshinaga here at Manga Bookshelf! Each day will feature a new bit of celebration in the form of reviews, essays, roundtables, and whatever else may happen to occur.
Several other bloggers will be making special appearances here throughout the week, and yet others have expressed a desire to spread the Yoshinaga joy in their own blogs, so I’ll be linking to those as well. If you’re a blogger with something you’d like me to link to this week, please drop me a line!
For my first contribution to the week’s festivities, I’ve written a short essay about Yoshinaga’s series Flower of Life entitled Flower of Life: A Love Story. Be sure to check out the link to find out what that means!
Some of the manga you can expect to hear about this week include All My Darling Daughters, Garden Dreams, Solfege, Don’t Say Anymore, Darling, The Moon and the Sandals, Ichigenme… The First Class is Civil Law, Ooku, Antique Bakery, and Gerard & Jacques! Stay tuned and enjoy!
NOTE: Links added above as they appear! And here’s what’s happening offsite:
- Ooku, Vol. 1 – Phoenix (Experiments in Reading)
- Feasting on Fumi – David Welsh (The Manga Curmudgeon)
- The Antique Bakery, Vol. 3 – Kimberly Saunders (The Kimi-chan Experience)
- Flower of Life, Vol. 1 – Kimberly Saunders (The Kimi-chan Experience)
- Garden Dreams – Kristin Bomba (Comic Attack)
- The Antique Bakery, Vol. 4 – Kimberly Saunders (The Kimi-chan Experience)