It’s been a wonderful week here at Manga Bookshelf. As we wrap up our week-long look at Fumi Yoshinaga, I’d like to extend another round of thanks to Michelle Smith, Danielle Leigh, Eva Volin, Robin Brenner, and David Welsh for joining me in celebrating one of our favorite mangaka.
After kicking things off with my favorite of her series, Flower of Life, I though it appropriate to end things yesterday on a similarly beloved note with Antique Bakery. There are few short series I have loved as much as either of these, and it’s a great pleasure to talk about them here, in the company of both long-time Yoshinaga fans and potential new ones.
A full archive of the week can be found by searching the tag, “fumi yoshinaga.”
Alternatively, here’s a full list of the week’s festivities:
And from offsite:
- Ooku, Vol. 1 – Phoenix (Experiments in Reading)
- Feasting on Fumi – David Welsh (The Manga Curmudgeon)
- The Antique Bakery, Vol. 3 – Kimberly Saunders (The Kimi-chan Experience)
- Flower of Life, Vol. 1 – Kimberly Saunders (The Kimi-chan Experience)
- Garden Dreams – Kristin Bomba (Comic Attack)
- The Antique Bakery, Vol. 4 – Kimberly Saunders (The Kimi-chan Experience)
It’s been a glorious week for me, and I hope you’ve all enjoyed it too.